Day Zero Project (Part III)
Start: June 14, 2017
End: March 11, 2020
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Legend: accomplished, partially done, in queue
Blogging / Writing ()
- Blog every day for a month.
- Write and publish a short story.
- Get blog sponsors, paid ads, and/or paid articles.
- Visit Singapore.
- Visit Hong Kong.
- Visit Macau.
- Visit Ilocos Norte, PH.
- Visit Ilocos Sur again.
- Visit Cebu, PH.
- Visit Davao, PH.
- Have a picnic in a park. – March 30 2016, Mt. Yangbew summit and Camp John Hay lunch during the Azalea Bloggers event
- Go on a solo trip. – Baguio, July 19-21, 2016
- Read 30 books.
- Watch 15 new anime series.
- Watch 15 new Korean drama series.
- Watch 60 movies.
- Her Love Boils Bathwater (June 2017, EIGASAI 2017 press con)
- Tsukiji Wonderland (July 2017, EIGASAI 2017 Shang)
- Chihayafuru Part 1 (August 2017, EIGASAI 2017 Cebu)
- Chihayafuru Part 2 (August 2017), EIGASAI 2017 UPFI)
- Departures (August 2017, EIGASAI 2017, UPFI)
- The Circle (August 2017)
- Megan Leavey (August 30 2017)
- A Dog’s Purpose (August 30 2017)
- El Golfo (August 2017, 11th ISFFM, Shang Cineplex)
- Attend 3 concerts.
- Watch 15 theater plays.
Education / Career / Self Development ()
- Finish my undergraduate thesis.
- Learn to drive.
- Undergo a wine tasting activity. – Planet Grapes
- Do volunteer work.
- Take a photography class.
- Take a calligraphy class.
- Take a free distance learning class and finish it.
- Learn to make WordPress child themes.
- Learn conversational Japanese.
- Learn how to cook without the aid of cookbooks or others.
- Learn to bake at least one pastry or cake.
- Learn how to do makeup properly on my own.
- Attend 21 tech seminars / workshops.
- Annual check up.
- Lose 40 pounds.
- Donate blood at least twice a year.
- No pork or beef for a week.
- No sweets for a week, including soda and juice.
- Take Sangobion for 30 consecutive days.
- Buy a new laptop – May 2015.
- Buy a DSLR.
- Buy a vintage camera.
- Buy my own kimono.
- Buy clothes / shoes from high-end stores.
- Light brown boots from Aeropostale (Dec 2014)
- AIRism shirt from Uniqlo (June 13 2015)
- Buy at least three new dresses.
- Go a month without buying anything that isn’t a necessity.
- Three days without internet access.
- Spend a day just relaxing on the beach. – Playa Laiya Batangas, December 22 2016
- Create a photographic journal for a week.
- Move into my own apartment.
- Leave an inspiration note inside a book for someone to find.
- Tie a note to a balloon and let it go.
- Sort out my finances (aka student college loan).
- Visit a friend out of town/state.
- Improve my posture.
- Identify 101 things that makes me happy or smile and photograph them.
- Expand my vocabulary by 100 words.
- Attend Japanese film festival. – Eiga Sai Manila and Baguio
- Attend Korean film festival.
- Have my own office.
- Sell something I’ve created myself.
- Record a song in a professional studio.
- Create a budget and stick to it.
- Publish 1 Card Captor Sakura to Fanfiction.net.
- Complete a cross stitch project (and have it framed).
- Take my Grandma on a trip of her choice.
- Go on a family trip (again, since we’ve never been to one for so long).
- Get an IT certification.
- Write 101 things that makes me angry or pissed.
- Live in a foreign country for a year.
- Enter a photography contest.
- Compose a song.
- Create an online portfolio from scratch.
- Grow my hair long (around 3/4 from my shoulder to my waist).
- Write 101 quotations on post-it notes, and stick in random places. Take pictures to verify.
- Write a letter to myself and open it in 7 years.
- Write another list of 101 things to do in 1001 days.