Ondoy. Habagat. Yolanda. The Philippines is one of the countries most affected by extreme weather in the recent years.Read More →
Every year, on April 22, the whole world celebrates Earth Day to promote the vision for environmental protection. On its 44th anniversary, the campaign is focused on “Green Cities” – more sustainability, less carbon footprint.
Read More →
RUN REGISTRATION AND RACE KIT CLAIMING MECHANICS
FOR REGISTRATION THRU SM TICKETS
- Buy ticket of Athletes In Action-Fila Schools Run For School Rooms (AIA-Fila SRSR) advocacy run at SM TICKETS – CINEMA COUNTERS anywhere in Luzon, except in SM malls without cinemas like SM Makati (Ayala), SM Harrison, SM Cubao, and SM Quiapo.
- After ticket payment, payee will receive SM-issued ticket as proof of payment and SM control number-coded AIA-Fila SRSR Registration Form. Payee must attach/staple SM-issued proof of payment ticket to the Race Kit Claim Stub. NO SM-ISSUED PROOF OF PAYMENT TICKET ATTACHED TO THE RACE KIT CLAIM STUB, NO RACE KIT RELEASE.
- Participant to completely fill out AIA-Fila SRSR Registration Form and keep Participant’s Copy portion of the Registration Form. As Fila’s goodwill, payee may avail additional 10% discount on Fila Running Shoes and Skele-Toes, which are already on sale at 50% OFF, upon presentation of AIA-Fila SRSR Participant’s Copy at Fila stores.
- Participant to bring the accomplished AIA-Fila SRSR Registration Form and Race Kit Claim Stub with SM-issued proof of payment ticket to any of the following FILA stores:
SM Mega Mall (02.638.8016)
Trinoma Mall (02.919.0709)
Festival Mall (02.842.9811)
Glorietta Mall (02.812.1099)
Robinson’s Galleria (02.695.3148)
Robinson’s Ermita (02.521.8393)
Market Market (02.889.6378)
- Upon turnover of accomplished AIA-Fila SRSR Registration Form and Race Kit Claim Stub with SM-issued proof of payment ticket to FILA personnel, participant will receive AIA-Fila SRSR race kit. Exchange of singlet for appropriate size is accepted at the same Fila store within seven days or until July 4 provided the singlet remains new and unworn.
- No registration at FILA stores. Participating FILA stores are for submission of accomplished Registration Form and claiming of Race Kit only.
- Race Kits may be claimed at participating Fila stores from June 25 to July 4 only.
For any inquiries, call Huper International (02.661.6489) and/or GWorld (02.215.0512 /
719.0184), email [email protected], or visit
Read my previous post about this advocacy run.Read More →
“A classroom is the best place to nurture our future leaders, the next generation of God-loving and nationalist Filipinos.”
– Jose Andes, National Director of Athletes in Action (AIA) Philippines.
I’ve always been an advocate of free and alternative education. Because education, for me, is indeed a right of every child. The fact that aside from inability of students to enroll because of poverty or high tuition fees, there’s the problem of lack of classrooms and facilities for learning, which makes me sad. For the people of Iligan City, the situation worsened after Typhoon Sendong back in 2011.
FILA and AIA invited bloggers last June 20 to spread the word for their noble cause — AIA’s first-ever student-based fun run entitled “Schools Run for School Rooms” aims to raise funds for the rehabilitation of classrooms in the said city.
To date, with 15,000 runners who have signed up to date, the Schools Run for School Rooms (SRSR) marathon will be gathering student-runners from major colleges and universities, to bring a glimmer of hope to Iligan city, where eager students have to do with makeshift classrooms as the school year starts. Thirteen (13) of known universities and colleges in our country have signified their interest to join the advocacy run. Also participating are groups from government agencies, private corporations and churches, as well as running enthusiasts.
Read More →