Ready or not, mobile payment technology is here and will change how we go about our financial transactions. Here are five good reasons why you should go cashless.
If I want inspiration, I’ll look at my checking account balance. That will certainly inspire me to get busy and earn some more money this month! And I am not a fan of the latest self-help, self-discovery books, the titles of which marketers keep posting to my social media accounts and sending to my Spam folder. They are guaranteed to do many of the following:
- Get my body back in shape by summer
- Find the inspiration to give my home a makeover
- Discover the benefits of kale and spinach
- Adopt a more serene lifestyle
- Adopt a more socially active lifestyle
- Find my inner, hidden beauty and talents
- Live on less and be happier
Inspiration, 2015 Style
Recently, however, I did have occasion to visit Amazon to find a gift for a friend (who kind of likes inspirational books, by the way), and I began looking through the new titles, clicking into the preview pages, and reading reviews. 2015 may be a good year for these books, because the subject matter is more realistic, relevant, and, I admit, a bit inspiring. I bought two of them, actually. While I have only read one of the books on this list so far, I will go back for more, and I’ll borrow the one I bought for my friend.
My 2015 Picks
- Happy is the New Healthy (Dave Romanelli): The Brief lead-in on the book cover was bad – “31 ways to relax, let go and start enjoying life.” But then I perused the first few preview pages, and read things like “find a little vacation in every day,” and the wise advice of a 110-year old who said her secret to happiness was, “sex, vodka, and spicy food,” and I was hooked. Romanelli’s style is humorous, satirical, and witty – my kind of book.
- The Leap: Launching Your Full-Time Career in Our Part-Time Economy (Robert Dickie III): With a name like that, I had to read some pages. Now I know what a “Black Swan” event is and how our economy has been forever changed. This guy has great advice on how to generate multiple income streams, and that inspires me!
- Not Impossible (Mick Ebeling): O.K. Now I am really officially inspired. Here is a film producer who has actually used his own ingenuity to build homemade appendages for people who have lost arms, or the use of them, and has changed their lives. His message is that we humans have within us the creativity, the persistence, and the know-how to do some pretty cool things that can change the lives of others, and that’s his challenge to us all.
- The Power of Thanks (Eric Mosley and Derek Irvine): Here’s an entire book devoted to the concept that we need to say “thank you,” and say it quite publicly, to those who have had a part in our success. Sounds a bit mundane, I agree, but after previewing the first few pages, I know this will not be a boring read.
Are There Others?
Yes, of course, because really, what inspires me may not inspire you. All in all, however, as I researched the offerings in what I call the category of “People who have something important to say to us all,” there are some pretty good choices this year!
About the author: Having a Master’s degree in Journalism and love for travelling, Julie Ellis is financed by her freelance writing to investigate and explore exotic places of the world. Being a Chief Editor at Premier Essay she, as well, features articles for journals and magazines around the world.
Manila, Philippines- Gina Rodriguez went to Manila to promote her show “Jane the Virgin” on November 26-28 where her Filipino fans met and greeted her in Fairmont Hotel, Makati.
Manila, December 17, 2014 – Responding to overwhelming customer demand, UNIQLO Philippines shares an exclusive holiday offer of luxury collaboration line +J.
Turn your head upside down! Christmas will be more exciting as Torque launches the new evolution of Phablets during the Torque Royale event last December 3.
Maybe you thought it was just for fun, or just to keep your little ones busy, but no, never underestimate child’s play. Playing with toys may look like for mere leisure only, or even just wasting time, but actually when children are playing house or fighting imaginary villains, they’re essentially developing crucial life skills. Yes, those little moments with their robots and dolls are actually preparing them for the challenges that they will face once they reach adulthood.
But with the advent of tablets, mobile phones, and other devices, traditional playtime has been shrinking. So before it’s too late, take the plug off, turn that gadget off, and check out these five scientific benefits of play. Yes, you’re welcome.
- Better Behavior – According to a 2009 study in the journal Pediatrics, kids behave better in the classroom when they have the chance to play on the playground during the day. Comparing teachers’ ratings of 8 and 9-year-olds’ behavior in schools with and without recess periods, kids who had more than 15 minutes a day of breaks behaved better during academic time. So let your child take that much-needed break in between study time. Let them run, jump, tinker with their toys; break time serves as a refresh button for them to restart with enthusiasm and energy.
- All For One, One For All – Playing teaches kids to interact, and yes, play nice. According to a research published in the Early Childhood Education Journal in 2007, playing with others help kids learn awareness of other people’s feelings. Playing also teaches kids to handle their own emotions, a skill that is definitely needed as they move through with life. Socializing, interacting, reacting, yes, those are some skills that playing with dolls, playing on the playground, and more, brings.
- Let’s Get Physical – Obviously, unlike watching television and playing computer games, playing with toys get your kids moving. It is recommended that children (as well as adults) engage in at least an hour a day of physical activity. The American Heart Association says that active children grow into active adults, thus decreasing their risk of having heart diseases or any other diseases for that matter. Playing gets their blood pumping, their muscles burning, their unwanted fat burning, their mind moving—making them a healthier kid, and definitely, a healthier adult in the future.
- Achievement Unlocked Through Experiences– A 2009 Journal of School Health Study found that the more physical activity tests children pass, the more they do well on the academic tests. Yes, indeed, kids learn to count by playing hopscotch, they learn balance and all through building blocks, they learn their nurturing skills through playing dolls, they learn the good and the bad when playing with their superhero figurines.
- Endorphins Educates – Who would want to work, and work, and work all the time? All work and no play will make your little ones sad and stressed. Moving releases endorphins, which are also known as happy hormones, bringing your kids into that good, happy mood. Let your little ones dance under the rain, play dress up along with their dolls, pretend to be a race car driver with their toy cars, spend an afternoon on the playground, and so much more! Their joyful mood will brighten up everyone’s day for sure!
Yes, experience really is the best teacher. Do not box your child and stop them from exploring the world—let them play, let them meet new playmates, let their imaginations run wild with their toys. When they don’t feel tied up, they are more likely to develop skills that are essential as they grow up—curiosity, creativity, and so much more! Let them discover the world, let them get dirty and let them learn on their own. Don’t let them get wired to gadgets and computers—push them into the real world where they’ll learn to respond and react real!
If you have any other ideas, just drop a comment about it and let’s start the conversation. Now, who’s up for playtime?
About the author Gilbert Bermudez is a blogger for CashCashPinoy, an online deal shopping portal of authentic products and cost-saving services in the Philippines. During his past time he enjoys reading and watching movies. You can catch his activities at his Google+ account.
Manila, Philippines- Held at the SMX Convention Center last August 8, 2014, this year’s Tatt Awards recognized the masters of reinvention with their strong social media presence that shaped the online world.
MANILA, Philippines – The New Zealand Embassy, in collaboration with Singapore Airlines and Ayala Malls, recently launched a mall-wide promotion, giving shoppers a chance to experience the beautiful and scenic sights of New Zealand.