Our country has been blessed with beautiful scenery and rich natural resources. However, present issues on climate change and waste management (to name a few) are indicators that we have not been taking care of Mother Earth as we’re supposed to.
Read More →
In celebration of its twentieth year, Informatics Philippines will be holding a fun run for the benefit of the children of CHILD (Center for Health Improvement and Life Development) Haus.
Read More →
According to DTI, as of 2011, micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) made up 99.6 percent of businesses operating in the Philippines, contributed 61% of the total jobs generated and accounted for 35.7% of the country’s total production. Small things make a difference, that’s why it’s important to equip and empower current and aspiring entrepreneurs.
That’s the goal of 1st Philippine SME Business Expo 2013: “Your SME Business Gateway”!
Read More →
Autism Society Philippines Marikina Valley Chapter headed by Alex Cabason Jr., in cooperation with the City Government of Marikina will be bringing Alyana to Marikina City on 14 July 2012 at 2 pm at the Teatro Marikina along Shoe Avenue, Marikina City.
“Alyana — A Study of Autism in the Philippines” is the first documentary film on autism in the Philippines by independent film maker, Mirana Medina. The film has been showing all through-out the Philippines, in cooperation with ASP Chapters since 2006. The trailblazing film was screened at the Cinemanila International Film Festival in November 2006 and at the 3rd Festival on the Issues Concerning the Mentally Challenged in New Delhi.
Tickets are at P100 each and are available at the venue.
For more information regarding the Marikina film showing, you may get in touch with Ms. Marivi at (0949) 398.3672 or Ms. Tonette at (02) 381.5448.
Read More →
Nowadays, fun runs or runs for very noble causes are common. With the country leaning towards a healthy lifestyle plus our nature to help others, many people join these events. But have you ever heard of a dance marathon?
Dance4Life is a first of its kind 3-hour dance marathon open to teens, adults and seniors who can live up to the dance challenge. Similar to fun runs, participants will have their own event shirts and marathon bibs, but this time in a single venue, they will follow different dance steps from different eras — 70’s, 80’s, new wave, hip hop and others. Participants who withstand the 3-hour dance marathon are all winners/finishers!
Organized by the Lifeline Foundation Support Team Inc., all proceeds will help empower lives like their adopted community in TS Cruz, Las Pinas.
Marathon Details & Mechanics
ASSEMBLY TIME: 4:00PM
GUN START: 5:00PM
- Participants will be in clusters of 25 for the duration of the marathon.
- 1 Marshal is assigned for each cluster to monitor participants.
- Participants cannot leave the cluster once dance marathon starts. Any participant who goes out of the cluster is automatically out of the marathon.
- There will be a 2-5min. break for every dance interval (30 minutes per dance interval). The breaks can be used for a quick rest, stretch or water break.
- If a participant cannot dance any further, he/she may approach and inform the marshal assigned to that cluster.
- Remaining participants will be given bands every hour (white band for 1-HR dance finisher, pink band for 2-HR dance finisher and blue band for 3-HR dance finisher). Holders of 3 bands are ultimate dance finishers.
Registration Dates and Fees
REGISTRATION PERIOD: June 12 to August 4, 2012
Online registration here
P400 Regular Fee
P300 (Students and Senior Citizens)*
*MUST PRESENT VALID ID UPON REGISTRATION.
*Fee is inclusive of a marathon shirt and bib.
*Marathon shirts are available for the first 1,000 registrants.
*An on-site registration will be open on the marathon day at 3:00pm but no guarantee on the availability of marathon kits.
Cool shirt 😀
- Chris Sports – SM North Annex (3rd Floor), SM Megamall (Bldg. B, 2nd Floor), Glorietta 3 (2nd Floor), Mall of Asia (2nd Floor), Market! Market! (4th Floor), Filinvest Mall Alabang (3rd Floor)
- Fitness and Athletics – G/F Unit 2, Active Fun Bldg., 9th Ave. Cor 28th St., City Center, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- Lifeline Foundation HQ – #86 Aguirre Ave., BF Homes, Paranaque
- Guhit Kamay – G/F Cinema Area Alabang Town Center, Zapote Rd., Alabang, Muntinlupa City
Rules and Regulations
- Marathon bib numbers should be pinned in front of your shirt and must be worn at all times during the marathon.
- Children 8 years old and above can participate in the marathon.
- Participants below 18 years old must have their entries signed by a parent or a guardian.
- All protests related to the results must be made in writing and submitted to the marathon organizer within 30 minutes after the official announcement of winners. A protest fee of P1,500 will be collected for every written protest made.
- To be considered as finisher, participant should be there by gun start.
- The organizer’s decision is final.
I am definitely not a dancer, but I do want to help. Get fit +FUN, FUN, FUN! 😀
Let’s put on some dancing shoes and groove our way to the finish line 😉
Read More →