101 in 1001 Challenge (2011-2014)
Updated 07/07/2014: I was inspired by Chelsea’s Talking: DayZero Project to organize my bucket list. I’ll have the 101 Goals in 1001 Days as well as included long term goals in mine. Changed some of the items 🙂
Day Zero Project
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 3.25 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start: December 19, 2011
End: September 15, 2014
Here’s my list, based on my Day Zero Project List with additional things I’ve thought of while editing this (green for on-going, orange for done):
- Update my resume.
- Do a Vlog.
- Get up before 9am for two weeks.
- Take family out.
- Meet an online friend in person.
- Give a fake name to a Starbucks barista (without fretting)
- Finish a book in one day. – Feb 2012 when I read The Hunger Games
- Go a day without technology, except for work reasons.
- Say yes to everything for a day within reason.
- Call in sick to work for no reason.
- Buy a pet fish. – I bought 3 fishes for our aquarium
- Find a community service project to be active in. – Active member of our church, The Otherside!
- Buy a new laptop.
- Buy a DSLR.
- Buy a vintage camera.
- Learn how to drive.
- Undergo a wine tasting activity.
- Take a picture every day for a month.
- Blog every day for a month.
- Create a photographic journal for a week.
- Go to 25 restaurants I’ve never been before (not fast food). [edited 7/7/2014]
- Yabu, SM Megamall Atrium
- Cafe Lidia, Marikina City
- Amici, SM Megamall Atrium
- Uncle Cheffy, Eastwood Mall
- United Steaks, Sta. Lucia East Mall
- Chicken Rice Shop, Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall
- Kebabers, Katipunan
- Cyma, Eastwood Mall
- 14 Four Cafe, Taytay
- BlackSoup Cafe + Artspace, Maginhawa
- Fish & Co., Trinoma
- Watami, EDSA Shangrila East Wing
- Slice, Bonifacio High Street
- Krazy Garlik, Greenbelt 5
- Le Mirand, Antipolo
- Red Onion Cafe, UP Town Center
- Gaucho, Robinsons Magnolia
- Bizu Patisserie, Greenbelt 2
- Metro Vigan Cafe, Ilocos Sur
- Wee Nam Kee, EDSA Shangrila
- The Balcony Gastropub, Makati
- Spend a day just relaxing on the beach.
- Attend 3 concerts.
- Get my picture with someone famous. – with Chef Hasset Go, Vic Sotto
- Take a photo of the same place every month.
- Make a Year in Pictures album.
- Move into my own apartment.
- Lose 40 pounds.
- Bake a cake for someone.
- Drink at least 2L of water a day for a month. – did this Feb 2012 since I was avoiding having coughs and colds
- Leave an inspiration note inside a book for someone to find. – did this during the OMF 2012 Bloggers’ Challenge
- Tie a note to a balloon and let it go.
- Go to Singapore.
- Sort out my finances (aka student college loan).
- Save at least P10 a day for a month. – did the 52 week challenge!
- Visit a friend out of town/state.
- Sleep before 12mn for two weeks. – been doing this for months <3
- Take part in a fun run for a cause – not one, but two!
- Go on a cruise.
- Read 30 books.
- Aleph – Paulo Coelho
- The Best of Me – Nicholas Sparks
- I’ve Got Your Number – Sophie Kinsella
- The Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero
- The Rise of Nine – Pittacus Lore
- For One More Day – Mitch Albom
- Have A Little Faith – Mitch Albom
- The Testament – Josh Grisham
- My Sister’s Keeper – Jodi Picoult
- The Hunger Games
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay
- The Fault in Our Stars (Jan. 2014)
- She’s Dating The Gangster (July 2014)
- Write a short story.
- Improve my posture.
- Take a photography class.
- Take a free distance learning class and finish it.
- Identify 101 things that makes me happy or smile and photograph them.
- Expand my vocabulary by 100 words.
- Attend Japanese film festival.
- Attend Korean film festival.
- Attend 21 IT seminars/events.
- Accenture Manila Technology Talk: The Evolution of JavaServer Faces 02.29.2012
- Oracle MySQL Technology Day 03.09.2012
- Visit Hong Kong.
- Visit Ilocos Norte & Sur, PH – visited Ilocos Sur on June 1!
- Visit Cebu & Bohol, PH
- Have my own office.
- Launch a business with a friend. – did.. but didn’t work out 😛
- Sell something I’ve created myself.
- Record a song in a professional studio.
- Create a budget and stick to it.
- Buy 101 books.
- Watch 101 new movies (to me).
- John Carter (Greenbelt 3 MyCinema, 03.09.2012)
- The Hunger Games (Rob Metro East, 03.24.2012)
- The Bucket List (2oo7 movie, Home, 04.02.2012)
- The Avengers (Rob Metro East)
- Men in Black 3 (Rob Metro East, 05.24.2012)
- 21 Jump Street (2012 movie, Home DVD, 2012)
- Prometheus (Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall)
- Pitch Perfect (2012 movie, Home, 03.2013)
- The Impossible (2012 movie, Home, Holy Week 2013)
- The Perks of Being A Wallflower (2012 movie, Home, Holy Week 2013)
- Warm Bodies (2013 movie, Home, 06.2013)
- Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters (2013 movie, Home, 06.2013)
- I’m in Love with A Church Girl (2013 movie, Home, 12.2013)
- Frozen (2013 movie, Home, 01.2014)
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013 movie, Home, 01.2014)
- Her (2013 movie, Home, 01.2014)
- 12 Years A Slave (2013 movie, Home, 01.2014)
- Maleficent (2014 movie, Trinoma, 2014)
- Publish 1 Card Captor Sakura to Fanfiction.net.
- Watch 10 new animes I’ve never seen before.
- Finish at least 7 freelance projects.
- Tom Apacible Website
- Weltz Industrial Website
- Finish my undergraduate thesis.
- Complete a cross stitch project (and have it framed).
- Take my Grandma on a trip of her choice.
- Go on a family trip (again, since we’ve never been to one for so long).
- Get an IT certification.
- Undergo Lasik procedure (for my eyes).
- Achieve my weight goal and maintain it.
- Cosplay (with my East group).
- Have at least 10 new dress in my wardrobe
- Black Summer Dress (01.01.12)
- 3 dresses from Ukay-ukay with Mom (06-2012)
- Black, long-sleeved dress from Ian (01.2014)
- Have a picnic in a park.
- Learn the basics of car maintenance.
- Go to Japan at least for a week.
- Try wearing a kimono with the makeup and hairstyling AND have my picture taken.
- Buy myself a kimono.
- Write 101 things that makes me angry or pissed.
- Go a month without buying anything that isn’t a necessity.
- Learn to make WordPress child themes.
- Tour with a new friend from Couchsurfing.org.
- For every article of clothing I purchase, I get rid of two pieces of clothing I already own.
- Learn to speak basic Japanese.
- Live in a foreign country for a year.
- Enter a photography contest.
- Compose a song.
- Buy clothes from high-end stores (H&M, F21, etc.) – bought a tank top from Mango! (Jan. 2013)
- Make a wish on 12:12 of December 12, 2012.
- Create an online portfolio from scratch.
- Learn how to cook without the aid of cookbooks or others.
- Learn to bake without the aid of books or others.
- Grow my hair long (around 3/4 from my shoulder to my waist).
- Own at least 2 different pairs each of sneakers, doll shoes, & running shoes.
- Learn how to do makeup properly on my own.
- Donate 100k grains of rice on freerice.org. – (1,130/100,000) as of 12.06.2011, based on my account
- Write 101 quotations on post-it notes, and stick in random places. Take pictures to verify.
- Answer “50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind”.
- Get a checkup (medical and dental) regularly.
- Write a letter to myself and open it in 7 years.
- Write another list of 101 things to do in 1001 days.
- Find and love myself.
Excellent list 🙂
Thank you! 🙂
I love the idea. Makes me want to try it out too. 🙂
I think I better start doing my own. 🙂
Cool! Can’t wait to see your list. Just remember not to limit yourself to anything. Nothing is impossible 🙂
I’m currently doing my list. I’m up to 50 already. 🙂
Wow, keep it coming 😉
Its nice to see your updated list. A few more and we’re almost done with our day zero project. 🙂
Yours too! I still got lots on my list unaccomplished but there’s still time before we make a new list 🙂
Para tapos na ang #62 mo, (>….<
HAHAHA! Hindi ko na nga toh nauupdate :3
At para tapos na din yung #75-77 mo, let’s plan a trip to Japan! Plano kong mag-visit ng Japan sometime next year (you know, gala…anime-fangirlling…AKB48…hahaha!) It’s good to take this opportunity since Japan doesn’t require a VISA anymore. As far as I know, nag-release ng news nito before. Then, if we booked a flight sometime around Spetember for a flight next year aabutin lang tayo ng around 6k back and forth na siya. Lodging plus luho na lang kulag. (Medyo magastos din pala. Hahahaha!) Pero mahabang ipunan naman eh, keribels ba?
Naligaw ka ata sa blog ko :))
How much would the whole trip cost? (estimate)
I’ve been thinking about this one for the past 2 years.. :3
Papalitan ko yung passport ko, nasira yung photo dahil sa moisture. kasama nya sa bag ko yung wet wipes >.<
Suddenly saw it sa nung iniistalk kita sa FB. (Naglaway kasi ako dun sa Eastwood Fair thingy na pinost mo dati.) Hindi ko pa sure pero kung makakapagpabook tayo earlier, 6k roundtrip ticket na yun (pag promo fare). Lodging mga 2-5k siiguro depende kung gaano tayo katagal dun. Then luho + food, mga 5k din siguro. Estimate ko mga 15k at least ang dala natin. Hahaha! (Ang mahal din no! Hahaha!) Let’s plan a trip. Matagal ko na talagang gusto pumunta dun! >.< Tapos abang tayo ng promo fare sa cebupac. Once in a while nagpo-promo sila eh.
We need to have money in the bank to show we’re more than capable of the expenses. That I personally have to build up