A spontaneous decision on Tuesday date night led me and July to a quick visit at the Uniqlo Global Flagship Store Manila in Makati City, which gave me the opportunity to see the 2022 Spring/Summer LifeWear collection ahead of the preview event held virtually today (18 Feb).
It was a quick visit to check out options for the shorts he bought from another branch when I saw the display near the men’s section, filled with items that were great for layering. He was eyeing the Men’s Ultra Stretch Skinny Fit Color Jeans in Off White while I wanted a pair of Women’s Satin Drape Straight Pants, which was only available online in my size. The store was overflowing with items in brown, khaki, olive, navy, pink and faded tones of orange.
The Joys of Clothing
Moving back to the new collection, Uniqlo’s 2022 Spring/Summer LifeWear includes fresh, comfortable, functional, and stylish pieces perfect for the season, with four sub-themes, and how they will bring happiness and comfort to its wearer for the upcoming sunny days:
- The Joys of Skyline. City-dwellers enjoy the convenience of a cosmopolitan lifestyle: a neighborhood cafe with friendly baristas, a deli selling artisanal cheeses, and restaurants serving farm-to-table food. This urban way of life needs contemporary and modern clothes that can be worn at work or off-duty.
- The Joys of Landscape. Relish life off the grid, the rustling of the wind in the trees and the crunching of leaves under the shoes, with colors and textures that blend in with the scenery of nature.
- The Joys of Imagination. Art and sophisticated designs stir the senses. Imaginations are supposed to wander and enter brilliant new worlds so UNIQLO found inspiration in vibrant and uplifting colors.
- The Joys of Sun and Seaside. An afternoon by the beach while soaking in the sun and feeling the breeze calls for natural textures, linen fabric, and clothes that drape effortlessly over the body. These are comfortable to wear and more importantly, easy to shed off when it’s time
for a dip.
Customers can also look forward to Uniqlo U‘s collection of relaxed, loose-fitting, and clean silhouettes for the ultimate in comfort, produced by artistic director Christophe Lemaire and the design team in Paris. UT will also highlight a number of pop culture references such as a line of monochromatic Mickey Mouse art by Joshua Vides, a collection in collaboration with Magnum Photos, as well as a collection that features Keith Haring’s debut exhibition at the Tony Shafrazi Gallery in New York City in 1982 with a showcase the art of Andy Warhol and Jean-Michel Basquiat.
A new collection isn’t complete with Uniqlo’s long-time collaborators and their different aesthetics:
- A dress collection by Hana Tajima in deep greens and blues inspired by nature and flower patterns found in her garden
- Nautical-inspired collection by JW Anderson expressed through rope details, performance fabrics, patchwork, and asymmetrical elements
- The effortless chic yet sporty 23-item lineup from Inès de la Fressange, which comes in the blue, white, and red colors of the French flag while also drawing inspiration from the Moroccan city of Marrakech
- Launch date: February 25
- Price list (provisional and subject to change)
- Outerwear: Php 2,490 – 3,990
- Pants and skirts: Php 1,990 – 2,490
- Shirts: P 1,490 – 3,990
- Knits: Php 1,990 – 2,490
- Dresses: Php 2,490
- Accessories: Php 790 – 1,490
UNIQLO’s 2022 Spring/Summer collection will be available starting February in all stores nationwide.
For more updates, please visit UNIQLO Philippines’ social media accounts, Facebook (facebook.com/uniqlo.ph), Twitter (twitter.com/uniqloph) and Instagram (instagram.com/uniqlophofficial) and UNIQLO Philippines’ website at uniqlo.com/ph, and download the UNIQLO App.
You can also check out the collection in the 2022 Spring/Summer issue of LifeWear magazine this month (Vol. 6), which includes interviews with filmmaker and fashion icon Sofia Coppola and a feature on professional wheelchair tennis player Shingo Kunieda, gold medalist at the 2021
Tokyo Paralympic Games, who first became a Global Brand Ambassador for UNIQLO in 2009.