The September Online Sale (SOS) 2023, organized by the Hotel Sales and Marketing Association (HSMA), is back with its biggest edition ever that invites travelers across the Philippines to fall in love with the country’s beautiful destinations once more.
The month-long online travel fair will offer the best deals from HSMA’s member properties nationwide. Look forward to exciting hotel and travel deals and discounts, including room stays, weekend getaways, rejuvenating spa experiences, F&B, meetings, conference and banquet packages, as well as other recreational offers from 87 participating hotels and resorts – up to 70% off!
- Alabang: Acacia Hotel Manila, Crimson Hotel Filinvest City Manila, and The Bellevue Manila
- Bohol: Bluewater Panglao Beach Resort, Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort, MetroCentre Hotel and Convention Center, Mithi Resort and Spa, Modala Beach Resort and The Bellevue Resort
- Boracay: Alta Vista de Boracay, Belmont Hotel Boracay, Crimson Resort and Spa Boracay, Discovery Shores Boracay, Feliz Hotel Boracay, Hue Hotels and Resorts Boracay, Le Soleil de Boracay Hotel, Movenpick Resort & Spa Boracay, Patio Pacific Boracay, Savoy Hotel Boracay, and The Lind Boracay
- Cebu: Bai Hotel Cebu, Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort, Fili Hotel Cebu – Nustar, Marco Polo Plaza Cebu, Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu, Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino Mactan, and Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
- Davao: Dusit Thani Hotels and Resorts Davao and Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao
- Leyte: The Oriental Leyte,
- Makati: Dusit Thani Manila, I’M Hotel, New World Makati Hotel, One Pacific Place Serviced Residences, Seda Residences Makati and The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences
- Mandaluyong: Novotel Suites Manila at Acqua
- Manila: Armada Hotel Manila, Bayview Park Hotel, Hotel Lucky Chinatown, Ramada by Wyndham Manila Central and Winford Resort & Casino Manila
- North Luzon: Best Western Plus Metro Clark, Clark Marriott Hotel, Grand Sierra Pines Baguio, Quest Plus Conference Center in Central Clark, SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western, AC Luxe Angeles City, and Swissotel Clark
- Pasig: Ace Hotel & Suites, Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, Discovery Suites, Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, Joy Nostalg Hotel and Suites Manila, Richmonde Hotel Ortigas and The Linden Suites
- Palawan: Bacau Bay Resort Coron, Club Paradise Palawan, Four Points by Sheraton Palawan Puerto Princesa, Seda Lio, Huni Lio, Lihim Resort, Miniloc Island Resort,
- Pasay: Belmont Hotel Manila, Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City; Marriott Hotel Manila; The Heritage Hotel Manila, and Sheraton Manila
- Parañaque: Kingsford Hotel Manila, Okada Manila, Savoy Hotel Manila, and Solaire Resort
- Quezon City: B Hotel Quezon City, Luxent Hotel and Seda Vertis North
- Taguig: F1 Hotel Manila and Seda BGC
- South Luzon: Acuatico Beach Resort, Acuaverde Beach Resort and Hotel, Anya Resort Tagaytay, Club Balai Isabel, Hotel Casiana Tagaytay, Pico Sands Hotel, Quest Hotel Tagaytay, Seda Nuvali, Summit Ridge Tagaytay, Taal Vista Hotel, and Twin Lakes Hotel
Now on its fourth edition, the sale promises an easy, convenient, and fulfilling shopping experience, says Amie Villena, HSMA Vice President and Project Head of this year’s SOS, and director of sales and marketing at the Four Points by Sheraton Palawan Puerto Princesa. Despite easing pandemic restrictions, Villena says there is still a high demand for online travel sales such as SOS, given that customers still want a safe and hassle-free experience when purchasing their next getaway.
“Online shopping is never going away,” adds SOS Co-Project Head Tet Romualdo who is also HSMA Secretary and General Manager of The Linden Suites in Ortigas Center. “It’s economical; you don’t have to sit through traffic to go to the fair, plus you have a month to really think through the deals you want to get. There is also a steady pattern of travelers booking more of their vacations and trips online now.”
Villena says that aside from offering convenience, SOS encourages customers to do a “mix and match” of their chosen deals. “You can combine Cebu-Bohol deals, therefore creating a unique itinerary for you and your friends or family,” she says.
The best part is that SOS vouchers have no expiry date, which allows Filipinos to make long-term travel plans. This allows them to also get deals for two of the busiest travel seasons: the Yuletide holidays and summer.
“Domestic travelers now start planning their vacations early as this allows them to catch seat sales too,” explains Loleth So, HSMA President and Area Director of Sales and Marketing, Savoy and Belmont Hotel Manila Megaworld Hotels and Resorts. ”That’s why SOS is very timely.”
Established in response to the challenges posed to the travel and hospitality industry by the pandemic, SOS has grown to be the largest online travel sale in the Philippines, says Margie Munsayac, HSMA Chair and Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Bluewater Resorts. It has experienced 10 -15 percent year-on-year growth: In 2020, total revenue was at P14.1M, with 1,752 vouchers sold; in 2021 that figure jumped to P29.6M, and 5,164 vouchers; and last year, revenue was at P36.8M, equivalent to 5,854 vouchers sold.
And with travel and hospitality in the Philippines still only halfway to reaching its pre-pandemic level, Munsayac says SOS will continue to focus on helping all industry players continue on their journey to recovery.
“At the end of the day, SOS is really about forging partnerships and ensuring that we all work together towards our collective growth,” she adds.
The September Online Sale: Eat, Stay, Love, The Joys of Travel will run from September 1 – 30, 2023. Vouchers may be purchased at www.HSMA.org.ph/SOS.
For more information, visit the HSMA website: hsma.org.ph/sos or official Facebook page: @hsmaph.
The event is supported by the Department of Tourism, the Tourism Promotions Board, Atlantis, and Isentia.