101 in 1001 Challenge (2014-2017)
Day Zero Project (Part II)
Start: September 16, 2014
End: June 13, 2017
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Legend: accomplished, partially done, in queue
Blogging / Writing (3)
- Blog every day for a month.
- Write and publish a short story.
- Get blog sponsors, paid ads, and/or paid articles.
- Visit Singapore.
- Visit Hong Kong.
- Visit Macau.
- Visit Ilocos Norte, PH.
- Visit Ilocos Sur again.
- Visit Cebu, PH.
- Visit Davao, PH.
- Have a picnic in a park. – March 30 2016, Mt. Yangbew summit and Camp John Hay lunch during the Azalea Bloggers event
- Go on a solo trip. – Baguio, July 19-21, 2016
- Read 30 books.
- The Maze Runner Book 2: The Scorch Trials (Feb 19 2015)
- The Maze Runner Book 3: The Death Cure (Feb 19 2015)
- Jojo Moyes’ After You (Apr 14 2017)
- Watch 30 new anime series.
- Ano Hana (Dec 2014, completed)
- Atelier Escha & Logy Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi (Dec 2014, completed)
- Gekka Shoujo Nozaki-kun (Dec 2014)
- Isshuukan Friends (Dec 2014, completed)
- Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (Dec 2014, completed)
- Yumeiro Patissiere (Dec 2014, completed)
- Yumeiro Patissiere Professional (Dec 2014, completed)
- Ao Haru Ride (Jan 2 2015, ep12)
- Danna Ga Nani Wo Itteiru Ka Wakaranai Ken (Jan 3 2015, e13)
- Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso (Jan 3 2015, completed)
- Shirobako (Jan 19 2015, completed)
- Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii (Jan 4 2015)
- Koufuku Graffiti (completed)
- No Game No Life (completed)
- Wizard Barristers
- Free! Eternal Summer
- Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation
- Densha Otoko
- Plastic Memories (Nov 2015)
- Watch 60 movies.
- English Only, Please (MMFF 2014, with Isha, Gateway Cinema)
- The Hundred Foot Journey (Dec 2014, home)
- Before I Go To Sleep (Jan 2015, SM Megamall Cinema 3)
- That Thing Called Tadhana (Feb 2015, with Isha, SM Masinag)
- Kingsman: The Secret Service (June 2015, home)
- Jupiter Ascending (June 2015, home)
- Our Family (July 2015, Shangri Cineplex, Eiga Sai)
- Wa-Shoku (July 2015, Shangri Cineplex, Eiga Sai)
- A Tale of Samurai Cooking (July 2015, Shang Cineplex, Eiga Sai)
- Fantastic Four (August 2015, Greenbelt)
- Orlac Hande (August 2015, Shang Cineplex, 9th Silent Film Festival)
- 400 Days (Christmas Break 2015, home)
- Pan (Christmas Break 2015, home)
- The Little Prince (Christmas Break 2015, home)
- Absolutely Anything (January 2016, home)
- Before We Go (January 2016, home)
- Burnt (January 2016, home)
- Ex Machina (January 2016, home)
- Love, Rosie (January 2016, home)
- Man Up (January 2016, home)
- Sleeping With Other People (January 2016, home)
- Spy (January 2016, home)
- The Age of Adeline (January 2016, home)
- The Mortal Instruments City of Bones (January 2016, home)
- The Intern (January 2016, home)
- Tomorrowland (January 2016, home)
- Say Yes (January 2016, Shang Cineplex, 10th Spring Film Festival)
- Goosebumps (January 2016)
- Ashby (January 2016, home)
- Kung Fu Panda 3 (March 5 2016)
- Captain America: Civil War (April 2016, SM Megamall IMAX)
- How to Be Single (May 9 2016)
- El Misterio de la Felicidad (Argentine film festival, Aug 2 2016)
- A Second Chance (Cine Europa 19, Aug 22 2016)
- Rosita (2nd Danish film festival, Sept 20 2016)
- Las ovejas no pierden el tren (Pelíkula, Sept 26 2016)
- Orange (Japanese film, Oct 1 2016)
- Wolf Girl and Black Prince (Japanese film, Oct 1 2016)
- Truman (Pelíkula, Oct 5 2016)
- The Choice (Oct 10 2016)
- The Danish Girl (Oct 2016)
- Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist (Oct 2016)
- Forrest Grump (Oct 2016)
- Me Before You (Oct 2016)
- Colonia (Oct 2016)
- High Strung (Nov 2016)
- The Lobster (Jan 2 2017)
- Swiss Army Man (Jan 2017)
- Red Amnesia (11th Spring Film Festival, Jan 2017)
- Southside With You (Jan 22 2017)
- A Royal Winter, Hallmark Valentine Movies 2017 (YouTube, Jan 25 2017)
- Keeping Up With The Joneses (Jan 31 2017)
- Christmas List, Hallmark Movies (YouTube, Feb 4 2017)
- The Royal Scandal, Hallmark Movies (YouTube, Feb 4 2017)
- Fifty Shades Darker (Mar 2017)
- Passengers (Mar 2017)
- Beauty and The Beast (Venice Grand Canal Mall, Mar 2017)
- The Space Between Us (Mar 26 2017)
- Resident Evil The Final Chapter (Apr 2 2017)
- Hidden Figures (Apr 11 2017)
- A Family Thanksgiving, Hallmark Movies (YouTube, Apr 13 2017)
- Crown for Christmas, Hallmark Movies (YouTube, Apr 13 2017)
- Daniel’s Daughter, Hallmark Movies (YouTube, Apr 14 2017)
- Get Smart (ABS-CBN, Apr 18 2017)
- Change of Plans (YouTube, Apr 24 2017)
- Wild Child (YouTube, Apr 24 2017)
- Go to 50 restaurants I’ve never been before.
- Tenya, SM Megamall
- Komoro Soba, SM Megamall
- Kimukatsu, BGC Central Mall
- Book and Borders Cafe, QC
- 8 Cuts, SM Megamall / BGC
- Din Tai Fung, SM Megamall
- La Creperie, QC
- Shi Lin, Greenbelt 3
- Mad Mark’s Creamery and Good Eats (January 2016)
- Wildflour Cafe + Bakery, Podium (March 2016)
- Ajisen Ramen, Ortigas (March 2016)
- Chaplin, Century City Mall (March 2016)
- M Cafe, Greenbelt (April 2016)
- Soban K-Town Grill, Eastwood (May 2016)
- Slappy Cakes, Solenad 3 (May 8 2016)
- Attend 3 concerts.
- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, January 2016
- Watch 15 theater plays.
- Repertory Philippines – Almost Maine (February 2016)
- Fringe Manila – Schism (February 28 2016)
- Repertory Philippines – Stepping Out
- Repertory Philippines – Vanya (January 19 2017)
- Repertory Philippines – In The Next Room (March 2017)
Education / Career / Self Development (13)
- Finish my undergraduate thesis.
- Learn to drive.
- Undergo a wine tasting activity. – Planet Grapes
- Do volunteer work.
- Take a photography class.
- Take a calligraphy class.
- Take a free distance learning class and finish it.
- Learn to make WordPress child themes.
- Learn conversational Japanese.
- Learn how to cook without the aid of cookbooks or others.
- Learn to bake at least one pastry or cake.
- Learn how to do makeup properly on my own.
- Attend 21 tech seminars / workshops.
- Annual check up.
- Lose 40 pounds.
- Donate blood at least twice a year.
- No pork or beef for a week.
- No sweets for a week, including soda and juice.
- Take Sangobion for 30 consecutive days.
- Buy a new laptop – May 2015.
- Buy a DSLR.
- Buy a vintage camera.
- Buy my own kimono.
- Buy clothes / shoes from high-end stores.
- Light brown boots from Aeropostale (Dec 2014)
- AIRism shirt from Uniqlo (June 13 2015)
- Buy at least three new dresses.
- Go a month without buying anything that isn’t a necessity.
- Three days without internet access.
- Spend a day just relaxing on the beach. – Playa Laiya Batangas, December 22 2016
- Create a photographic journal for a week.
- Move into my own apartment.
- Leave an inspiration note inside a book for someone to find.
- Tie a note to a balloon and let it go.
- Sort out my finances (aka student college loan).
- Visit a friend out of town/state.
- Improve my posture.
- Identify 101 things that makes me happy or smile and photograph them.
- Expand my vocabulary by 100 words.
- Attend Japanese film festival. – Eiga Sai Manila and Baguio
- Attend Korean film festival.
- Have my own office.
- Sell something I’ve created myself.
- Record a song in a professional studio.
- Create a budget and stick to it.
- Publish 1 Card Captor Sakura to Fanfiction.net.
- Complete a cross stitch project (and have it framed).
- Take my Grandma on a trip of her choice.
- Go on a family trip (again, since we’ve never been to one for so long).
- Get an IT certification.
- Write 101 things that makes me angry or pissed.
- Live in a foreign country for a year.
- Enter a photography contest.
- Compose a song.
- Create an online portfolio from scratch.
- Grow my hair long (around 3/4 from my shoulder to my waist).
- Write 101 quotations on post-it notes, and stick in random places. Take pictures to verify.
- Write a letter to myself and open it in 7 years.
- Write another list of 101 things to do in 1001 days.
I love your list. Simple and clear. Just in case you haven’t accomplished your volunteer task, here’s a link (ivolunteer.com.ph) to help you out. Opportunities are local, accessible and vary depending on cause and availability.
Hello Carissa, thanks for dropping by! I am familiar with iVolunteer. I think I follow you guys on Facebook. I’m in transition with a new role. Hopefully my schedule clears up during summer 🙂
Oh thanks for following us! Most opportunities last for only 4hours on a wkend, say one Saturday. For summer, you can look forward to Bayani Challenges of GK that can take you to different parts of the country — Luzon to Mindanao or since it’s gonna be election season by then, perhaps some good governance or elections volunteer work. Stay tuned to our site, blog and fb for what good vibes we can hook you up with our partner organizations. On a different but related note I’m rooting for you. Hope to see more blue entries soon. 🙂
Thanks for the information, Carissa! Hope we can collaborate in the near future. Thanks for the vote of confidence as well. I always forget to update this page hehe 🙂